To Report an Absence
Call the office at (925) 685-8760
Please include Student's name, dates of absence and reason for the absence.
All absences must be reported to the school within 3 days or they will be considered unexcused, no matter the reason for the absence.
- Illness or injury of the student
- Attendance at a doctor, optometry or chiropractic appointment for the student.
- Attendance at the funeral of an immediate family member
- Court appearance
- Observance of a religious holiday or ceremony.
- Traveling out of town
- No transportation or lack of a vehicle
- Any absence not cleared within 72 hours
- Appointments for parents/siblings
Student Attendance Review Board (SARB)
Regular attendance is vital for successful learning. According to state law, students are considered truant when they have 3 or more unexcused absences and/or 3 tardies of 30 minutes or more without a valid excuse. A letter will be sent to parents of students who are considered truant. In addition, a copy of the letter will be filled in the student's CUM. Students who are habitually truant may be referred to SARB.
What is SARB?